Hi best friends! So I’m doing a special post today becauseeee….I got nominated not once, but TWICE for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much to JLBernalBeauty & TheFemaleDatebase for nominating me!!! If you don’t know (like me until today) the Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers from other bloggers. It’s basically a pat on the back from each other and a great way for us all to discover and connect with one another. At first, not gonna lie, I thought this was a joke since Paige is For is so new but I’m so grateful that TWO people in blogland liked me enough to nominate me. Like all things in life there are rules though.
- You must link the person who has nominated you.
- You must share 11 random facts about yourself.
- You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee.
- You must pick 11 bloggers under 200 followers to be nominated for the award.
- You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify them that you nominated them!
My 11 Random Facts
- I never used to like makeup and beauty. It’s been pretty recent (a little over a year) since my obsession began but I am so glad that it did!
- I am OBSESSED with YouTubers. No seriously. If I met Grace Helbig or Zoella in person I might pee my pants and then pass out from being within seeing distance of them. I really wanna go to Playlist Live this year just to see if I do indeed pee my pants from excitement. It’s either that or I’ll just cry hysterically.
- I love to spend my weekends alone bingeing on Netflix and McDonalds.
- Every Sunday I have brunch. Whether its out at my favorite restaurant with friends or alone and just french toast I made I HAVE to have Sunday brunch in order to feel like a human being for the rest of my week.
- I was an English major in college so I have a soft spot for all things literature.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with bulldogs. English, French, American…if it has a squashed face, can’t breathe properly, and is chunky I’m gonna fall in love with it.
- I can control my accent contrary to popular belief. I grew up in a REALLY southern town but when I moved away to college I learned to control the southern accent. Now I use it mainly just to fit in or make people feel really uncomfortable.
- I excel at awkwardness in all levels.
- My favorite store on the planet besides Sephora would have to be ASOS. I have an unhealthy obsession with that site. Unhealthy to the extreme.
- I really want to move up north to be closer to my best friend but I think I would honestly die during winter. I hate being cold. I’m already cold down here when it gets to be 70 degrees outside. I would DIE. I don’t even think I own a true winter coat.
- I have never seen snow in my life. See Number 10.
Since I was nominated TWICE I’m going to answer two sets of questions from both JLBernalBeauty & TheFemaleDatabase. This might be long so I apologize in advance. Feel free to skip if you need to. I won’t mind, pinky promise.
- If you could blog about anything else in the world besides what you are already blogging about what would it be & why? I would probably blog about my life in general. Everyone tells me I need to write a memoir so I would probably just tell stories about my life and eventually put it all in a book. Think Chelsea Handler.
- Do you collect anything unusual? I collect penguins. I have a three foot tall stuffed one in my closet named Lemon. My idea of the perfect marriage proposal involves a trip to a zoo with penguins and have the penguin give me the ring. Yeah. That’s a thing.
- What is your all time favorite city & why? My favorite city is gonna have to be Pensacola, Fla. I went to college there and grew up there in my mind. It has so much of my history. Plus it’s kind of awesome. Go check it out if you’ve never been. Great downtown, & DAT BEACH!
- What’s your idea of a vacation? I would love to go back to Ireland and take someone I love with me and show them all my favorite places there. Either that or Harry Potter World in Orlando. #classy
- Are you more into fashion or beauty? Contrary to what Paige is For consists of, I’m a fashion girl at heart. Alexander McQueen changed my life with the Oyster dress.
- How do you keep up with your blog? Do you have a set schedule to blog or do you blog when its necessary? I try to have a schedule but usually it’s just “hey I should blog today.” Right now I blog on Monday’s & Friday’s.
- What do you wear on your face on an everyday basis? Urban Decay Naked Skin BB cream or foundation. Obsessed with Urban Decay.
- How do you take your coffee? With lots of sugar and milk and whipped cream….basically the more calories you can get in to coffee the more I will probably want to drink it.
- Which celebrity would you interview? Probably Daniel Radcliffe, just because I have a huge crush on him and have since I was like 11. I think I would just stare at him and possibly try to molest him. This is all assuming I manage to not pee my pants/cry hysterically.
- What is your favorite show & why? This is tough. I have a lot of favorite shows but I think if I had to watch one show the rest of my life it would be Gossip Girl. Leighton Meester/Blair Waldorf is my spirit animal.
- Do you prefer a cosmetic sponge or a buffing brush? Brushes all the way. The Real Techniques brushes are life changing.
- If you could be invisible for one hour what would you do? I would probably find the nearest bar and just sit and listen to people talk. I’m a people watcher.
- What is on your bucket list? A lot of things. A few of them I really want to do is take my Dad to Ireland, have babies with someone I love, and watch my brother get to the age of 18 (TWO MORE WEEKS!)
- Your favorite fashion trend this fall? Leather. I love it. I think it’s a great way to be edgy while still being a lady damnit.
- What is your beauty secret/tip? If you can’t afford fancy eye creams (holla) use Vaseline! It works just as well and its what Jennifer Aniston has been doing for years!
- Who is your celebrity crush? Dude-Daniel Radcliffe Lady-Jennifer Lawrence
- Why did you start your blog? I started Paige is For mainly as a round two to my first efforts at blogging. I love fashion & beauty and I really wanted to write about something I was passionate about rather than the depressing drudge that Avant Garde (my first blog) was. Plus all my friends kept pressuring me to do it. Also I would like to be internet famous before I die for something that’s not embarrassing.
- Who inspires you the most, famous or not famous? My grandmother. She is the epitome of a southern Magnolia. She’s a little crazy and cooky but she’s solid as a rock and has been through so much in her life. She’s an inspiration. Love you Mimi!
- What is your favorite fashion shop? ASOS, hands down.
- If you could go anywhere on this earth for only 1 day, where would you go & why? Virginia. I miss my lovers.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? I’m really into wine and sweatpants at this point in my life so I do a lot of that. I also dance around in my bathroom on the regular. Sorry downstairs neighbor!
- Any advice for a new blogger? Never but never give up.
- Neat as You Please
- The Natalie Diaries
- All the Lovely Things
- Sunshine Magnified
- Prim & Parker
- Cosmetic Cheshire
- All of your beeswax
MY 11 Questions
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s the one beauty thing you absolutely suck at or hate doing?
- What is the one thing you have to have in your purse/handbag at all times?
- If you read fashion magazines, what’s your favorite & why?
- What’s your favorite animal & why?
- What’s your favorite hobby or pastime?
- If you had to read one book for the rest of your life what would it be &why?
- Do you like YouTube beauty & fashion vloggers? If so who is your favorite & why?
- If you had to pick one person to be stuck with you on a desert island, who would you pick & why?
- Since it is almost Halloween, what’s your spookiest experience?
- What is one moment on your blog you are really proud of? It could be starting your blog or it could be that one photo in that one post…just one moment that made you said, “Damn self…you did good.”
Thanks again to TheFemaleDatabase and JLBernalBeauty for nominating me!
Also, I didn’t forget about “Transitioning into Fall.” It WILL be up tomorrow! Until then…